Thursday, January 26, 2017

Preparing for Valentine's Day

Good Afternoon!

Valentine's day is always such a happy fun day for me.  I love all the warm colors that this day brings, all the love in the air, the glitter, lacey doilies, and the anticipation of the day.

I am going to pull out all my valentine themed stamps and start making some cards and projects.  I have doilies, glitter glue, all different sorts of solid and patterned paper to work with.  This year, as much as I want to, I am going to resist the temptation to use glitter because it makes such a mess.  Notice I said resist!  I used embossing powder that had some glitter in it for my project that will be featured on Monday and now it is all over the house! 

I came across this beautiful mixed media piece on the Ranger Ink Blog and thought I would share with you.  You can view it by going to http://rangerink.com/bloom-by-tracy-scott/.  There is a wonderful tutorial also on how to do this project.  Maybe I will try my hand at that this weekend using my Valentine inspiration.  This would be a wonderful gift idea.

Here is a wonderful video on the Dylusions Paints and FAQ's.  I personally have never used them but I see them used in many projects and am looking to add them to my materials at some point.  Click on this link to view some more information, http://rangerink.com/?product=dylusions-paint.


I hope you have a wonderful day!
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment